|Baked Whole Onions
Baking whole onions is easy and can be done ahead of time.
1. Stand whole onions (skin and all) root side down in
a baking pan (Teflon or covered with foil).
2. If you have some ring molds, stand each the onion inside
a ring mold (as shown). If not,
trim the roots just enough so
that they stand upright. (photo two).
3. Place them in a pre-heated 400F oven for 60 to 75 minutes,
until they are fork tender.
4. Remove from oven and rest in a warm place (holding
5. When ready, slice each onion in half across the root
stem (a sharp serrated knife works best),
add some salt and pepper.
As an option, add a dollop of butter and a nice layer of freshly
grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
6. Return to a hot oven to melt the topping.
Copyright (C) 2014 The Geezergourmet.com. All rights reserved.
Website by GRAPHiNEX